Well this will be about the least fishy report you may ever see on this page. Due to the ongoing Dixie Fire burning in Plumas County , all charters have been postponed through Monday August 9th.. I always hate to have to cancel or postpone trips, and this decision was not made lightly, but given the rapidly changing conditions i feel it would be completely irresponsible to bring out of town people into the area at this time for a multitude of reasons. Most, if not all vacation rentals have been canceled, local lodging is currently shut down or filled with fire fighters and support staff. Dealing with smokey skies is one thing, but the current situation is a completely different animal all together. Large areas and communities are under evacuation orders which have been very fluid. .Road and highway closures have blocked many of the routes in and out of our area and are filled with emergency vehicle traffic. The health and safety of my friends and clients is paramount, that combined with the previous mentioned conditions, have obligated me to temporarily shut down fishing operations. I have reached out to all the parties affected by this decision and anyone with a postponed trip will receive priority on future open dates once fishing resumes. I assure you, I am monitoring the situation closely and will be back at it once it is safe to do so. In the mean time I will continue to post fire, road and evacuation updates on my social media feeds so check those out for the most current info. Facebook and Instagram @bigdaddysguideservice and Twitter @bigtroutguide A huge shout out and thank you to all of the personnel from all over the world here to help our area. Be safe out there.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Capt. Bryan Roccucci
Available Now In Our On-Line Store
Give the gift of fishing with a BDGS "Fish Certificate"